Monday, August 27, 2012

GRATEFUL FOR THE SUMMER

As is my custom, I walk every morning.  Today I began to evaluate the summer because I realized that next Monday, it's  Labor Day and then back to work.

I felt that I had a really good summer.   While it is true, I lived it mostly by myself, I am proud to say that I enjoyed many things and accomplished a lot.  

I really enjoyed the spiritualness of the morning prayer service.  It was hard to be there by 6:30, but I really appreciated it when I was told that I was number 10 and that they had a minyon. I met new people and I got to chat with some friends.

I enjoyed walking.  It was meditative and thought-provoking.  It helped me to plan my day and I loved the music on the I-POD.

I am proud to say that I was involved with 2 races.  I walked THE HEART AND SOLE RACE and went to the WORKMAN'S CHALLENGE at JONES BEACH.

I took a class.  This allowed me to complete a block of 12 for a salary raise.  It's my last block of 12 unless I see courses that I really like.  The hotel was nice and I did take it with friends.

I attended THE GREAT BOOKS LONG ISLAND DISCUSSION and drove myself there and back.  I really enjoyed the selections and the people.

I enjoyed going to the afternoon book discussions at the Plainview Library.  It was fun having lunch with my friends.

I have now given the Plainview library my e-mail address so they can notify me about upcoming events.

Speaking of library events, I went to the discussion of THE GREAT GATSBY.

I am now listening to THE GREAT GATSBY as an audio book.

This summer, I experimented with audio books and found them enjoyable.  I listened to 3 of them. One was THE GREAT GATSBY.  There was also, THE DESCENDENTS, and THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE for book discussions.

I enjoyed going to the Syosset library's book discussions.  They are held in the evening and I treat myself to dinner out.

I truly love yoga and meditation.  I went to a RESTORATIVE WORKSHOP this summer. I took a class in YOGA AND MEDITATION as well as my regular classes.

I attended the YOGA BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP.

This encouraged me to purchase a KINDLE and I've read 2 books on the Kindle.

I have enjoyed going out with friends for dinner.

I have even gone shopping with friends at the mall.

I promised myself that I would clean my closets and I did.  I even did the drawers.

I put my bank accounts on line at my bank.

I had all my charity money counted and then donated to my synagogue.

I attended a wonderful lecture about BATTLES OF THE CIVIL WAR.

My implants are done.

I got a flu shot.

It's been a fine summer.   The horrible thing that happened to me on July 31st changed my life for the better and will keep me alive longer.  The little voice is most important.  I now know that he can't be trusted and that he is deceptive.  I've learned to leave him alone.  Since they defended him and weren't there for me, I uninvited them for the holidays and I don't care anymore.  I understand thanks to my friends talking to me that he is manipulating his disabilities and I'm no longer afraid.  I have grown from this experience.  

Strange to say, I am grateful to the Almighty for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment