Sunday, February 15, 2015

GRATEFUL FOR JULY 31, 2012

I am grateful to the Almighty for the incident that occurred on July 31, 2012. 

I never thought that I would say that it was the day that changed my life for the better, but it was.

I learned so many things from the events of that day.  They were events that allowed me to retire and to accept, appreciate and be content with my life.  The events helped me to retire and become the person that I am today.

I learned that my needs come first.  I learned that I am important.  I learned the real meaning of false dreams and fantasies.  I learned to be quiet.  I learned to be silent.  I learned to listen.  I learned to be an individual.  I learned to be independent.  I learned to make decisions carefully. I learned to move forward.  I learned not to fill up the air with conversation.  I learned that there are disturbed people in this world who want only to set me up for failure so that I could be as miserable as they are.

Having learned all this,  I slowly learned to enjoy my life.  I learned to honor myself.  I learned to celebrate my successes, accomplishments and eventual retirement.  I learned to be perceptive. I learned to be intimate with myself so that  I could better understand my needs.

I learned to be comfortable at home.  I can appreciate the frigid temperatures outside and the beautiful home that I have.  I can do my projects happily.

I am grateful to the Almighty for the incident that occurred on July 31, 2012.

It has helped me to grow and for this I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment