Tuesday, March 19, 2019

GRATEFUL FOR LEARNING TO LISTEN TO MY BODY

I am grateful to the Almighty because He is teaching me to listen to my body and show it compassion and let it rest when it needs to.

I could never rest or relax when my abuser was alive.  I had to keep myself safe.  There always had to be strategies to do just that.  I had to leave the house early and that was as early at 7am to walk either outside or at The Home Depot.  People wondered why I retired and was up so early.

Today I woke up tired and I stretched and laid in bed.  I decided NOT to take a morning yoga class because I didn't want to get up so early.  Originally I felt guilty because Ive always gotten up early and run out.  Was there something wrong with me?  It wasn't that.  It's my body relaxing.  Then I felt sad that it took so long for this to happen but grateful that it did.

I'm eating breakfast.  I'm reading the papers.   I'm paying a bill and meeting fiends for lunch. I will meditate at the center at 3 and have dinner with a friend.

It's a new life but a good one.

I'm grateful to the Almighty for this.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment