Saturday, March 16, 2019

GRATEFUL FOR UNDERSTANDING JOY

I am grateful to the Almighty because He has helped me to understand joy.

Yesterday I practiced yoga in Leslie's class.  She spoke of giving up something if it doesn't give you joy.

A lightbulb went off in my head because I understood the reason that I am re-doing the bedroom that he used to use.  It is because it does not bring me joy to look at it.  It bings back fear.  It brings back sadness.  It brings back the funny feeling in my stomach.  It makes me bitter to look at it.  It brings back safety.  It makes me feel unsafe.  It brings back strategies for my survival.

It needs to be replaced by something that will bring me joy.

I have hired Freddy who will help me to make the changes.  I have asked Karen to go with me to Ethan Allen to purchase a dresser and bookshelves.  I will go to Lazy Boy and purchase a recliner.  Leslie will help me to find an alter.   The room will be a meditation and yoga room.

Thank you Almighty for helping me put my feelings into words.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment