Sunday, March 17, 2019

GRATEFUL FOR UNDERSTANDING TRIGGERS

I am grateful to the Almighty because He sent me to two wonderful therapists who taught me how to handle triggers.   I am also grateful to the Almighty because He sent me a boyfriend and friends who can help me through a trigger.

Last night I went to see Bye Bye Birdie at PJC.  I was looking forward to it and the show and the songs were wonderful.  I went out to dinner with two lovely couples and my friend Zita's husband picked up the bill.

What was my trigger??   I realized that I did not have couples in my life.  My abuser chased them away with his secretive behaviors.  Watching Bye Bye Birdie brought back all the unrequited dreams of my youth.

Today I had a hard morning.  However, I called two very close friends and my bf who understands as well as my daughters to express my feelings.

I cleaned the house.

I feel better now and will have a meditation session at three and dinner with my friend Margie.

Thank you Almighty.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment