Wednesday, February 6, 2019

GRATEFUL FOR UNDERSTANDING WHAT TRIGGERS DO

I am grateful to the Almighty because through therapy I now am beginning to understand triggers, what they do to me and how to handle them.

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  I had lunch out with the ladies and then went to a book discussion at the Plainview library.  I picked up a ring at Solomon Jewelers. In the evening I had dinner with other friends and invited my friend Margie to a Sisterhood Book Club meeting.

However, there were triggers in my day and I handled them.  My brother who made phone calls and left messages telling me NOT to call him back arrived at my house in the morning unannounced.  I thought quickly and said that I had a bathrobe on and was going to take a shower.  He said the same thing as the phone messages.........that he was doing his bathrooms and would be very very busy.  He left.

I then thought about how his behavior gives validity to the abused way that I was treated.  

I received a video from Hilary showing Remi walking in the park with my son-in-law and his parents.  When I babysat on Tuesdays, I was left alone and Izzy went to the movies.

I asked Hilary how we would spend her birthday and heard that she was spending weeks after her two day trip to Florida relaxing.

I did feel sadness and acknowledged it.  I did feel a stomach ache and acknowledged it.  I kept moving on with my on life and showing myself compassion.

I am understanding how depression is right under the surface and how to handle it.

Thank you Almighty.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment