Saturday, July 6, 2019

GRATEFUL FOR MY PERCEPTION OF FREEDOM

I am grateful to the Almighty because on this July 4th weekend I have much to celebrate.  

I live in a free country.

I am free.  It took me a while to understand the concept.  I was so abused by my mother and the creature that I married that I had no concept of freedom. I knew how to be afraid, beg for love, create strategies for survival and keep out of the way of my abusers.  I did not know how to be free or enjoy freedom.  I knew how to keep myself safe.

I finally have a positive perception of freedom and I am loving it.  I am free in the present.  All we have is the present.  The rest is a false picture which needs to be burned in the hot sun.

Yesterday I practiced meditation and then I practiced yoga.  I invited my friend Margie to join the class and she loved it and is coming back on Monday for class and then we will do lunch.  I was able to walk and do some chores.  Freddy put all the furniture back on the deck and I used it last night.  I gossiped with neighbors too!!!

Today I will attend services at Plainview Jewish Center.

I am grateful to the Almighty for my new freedom.

Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment