Monday, December 10, 2012

GRATEFUL FOR BEING A NON-RESPONDER

I am grateful to the Almighty for being in charge of myself.  It's not easy to do this as it requires a lot of strength and fortitude not to respond to him.  Thanks to the Almighty, I'm doing very well.  I enjoy my weekends and when he tries to start, I shut him down by being quiet or leaving the room.  Occasionally, I will answer, but in a very quiet voice.

I have studied him carefully, to be aware of what he tries to do.  Here are his topics:

l. I'm sick-  He will run the CHF forever as well as the cancer.  I'm smiling as I write this.  He has come up with the fact that pacemakers and defibulators move,  that his hip hurts, that his bones hurt.  It's meant to give me anxiety and when I open my eyes wide, to listen, but not to respond, he moves on.

2. Comments about the daughters-  He will try to run negative comments about the daughters, the other parts of the Triad, to goad me.  I don't respond.

3. Comments about how I can't cope-  He will tell me that he worries about me.  That is supposed to be emotional, but I respond by telling him that I'm capable and will learn.

4. Comments dealing with hating people or things-  He will tell me that he hates Newsday, Jeff, the neighborhood, the lab, all in an attempt to get me to comment.  I don't anymore.

I am grateful to the Almighty for understanding this so that I can proceed with my own life which is filled with friends, classes, yoga, book clubs, services, walking, work and life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment