Saturday, February 18, 2012

Grateful for Determination and Strength

Today was the beginning of my vacation and when I came home from services, I was greeted with, "how will I deal with you being home for 10 days," all because I asked him if he wanted to go to a funeral with me. To be honest, I don't want him there but the couple was nice to him when he was in the hospital, so he wanted to go. By I was afraid of giving him more information about my friends than was necessary. And I'm right, because with him, less is more.

But, what to do about that comment? In the end, I decided to do nothing. I let it fall on deaf ears because I wasn't going to give him power. Fool that he is, I'm quiet, but I'm not forgetting. So far, he's lost a nice vacation and eating out. Who knows what's next for him.

It took a lot of strength and determination to do this. I'm grateful that I have these qualities. What is to be gained by answering him? You can't teach him anything. He will just have the satisfaction that he bothered me. He did, but he doesn't know it and that's how I won this round.

If one thinks deeply, one realizes that winning rounds doesn't make this a marriage. This is a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment