Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm Proud of You. I'm Grateful for New Intelligence

I am so proud of myself. I've got it down pat without tears. I know what he's going to do before he does it and so I don't react at all.

Yesterday, I was told to make reservations in an upscale restaurant for Valentine's Day. I did. Valentine's Day is a day for lovers and I wondered how I would pull that off. But, I had the feeling that I didn't have to worry because I had the feeling that this was fake. It was. When I returned home, there he was in his "uniform"...the same shirt, jeans and sneakers that he has worn for days.

I said quietly, "Is that what you're wearing?' "Yes," says he. "Should I change? "Absolutely not," I said. We went to a pizza place like I thought we would. That was what I wanted in the first place, but didn't say.

This morning he had gout. He yelled at me to walk the dog because his toe hurt. I couldn't because I wasn't even dressed for work. I told him that I didn't like his tone of voice and he yelled some more.

To my credit, I realized that comments like this weren't good and I stopped and went to work. I realized that this was harassment and I wouldn't fall for it.

Today, he called me at work to tell me that we wouldn't go out to eat next week because he had gained weight at the pizza place. That's what happens when you eat all the bread, I thought. Anyway, he told me that I could go out with friends which was what I was planning to do anyway.

I am grateful for my new intelligence. I can handle life!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment