Friday, April 20, 2012

A GRATEFUL DAY

Yesterday was amazing.  I was so grateful to the Almighty.   I had him pick me up so that I could take a Valium and go to the dentist for another implant appointment.   I got the brilliant idea to let him come into my office to see the doggie wall.   He wasn't thrilled to come in at the beginning because he would have to put a decent shirt on.  You could almost smell his jealousy as I had to tell him that it was a wonderful office.  Then he did me a favor and agreed.  The point was to show him, with the Almighty's help that I won't retire.


Then I was grateful when I found out at the dentist that I would be getting temporary TEETH, yes, TEETH, on May 10 at my next appointment.


We went out to dinner.   This is a man who claims that he wants to enjoy life, buy a condo etc.  We had the usual problem with the tip.  If you give the waitress many directions, what's the big deal in giving $3 more after you double the tip????   This is a real problem for him.  As I watched, I visualized the nice people at a new condo and how they would look at him.  Of course we know his whole focus is to meet people so that he can pit them together to fight with each other.




Thanks to my girlfriend, who taught me the power of silence, and to the Almighty who taught me to listen.


I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment