Sunday, April 22, 2012

GRATITUDE FOR A DIFFICULT DAY!!!

Weekends can be difficult with him.  He makes no plans.  He has no friends.  We know what he has done to my friends.


It so bothers him if I have a good time with my friends even if all he wants to do is sit home because it's raining.  It bothers him that I comply with his staying home.  It bothers him that I don't complain.  He would love to attack me. That would make him feel better.


I know this and I'm non-confrontational.   I always have a plan.  This weekend, I walked, I read my Great Books, I attended Sabbath services and kiddush,  I relaxed in the sun, I went to my yoga class, I saw a renowned author speak,  I spoke to friends and made more plans.  I enjoyed myself.


But, I was aware that I could be attacked.  I have vowed that this awareness will never leave me. No matter what he said, I didn't react.  I don't tell him who I go with or how much I enjoyed it.


He is driving way upstate to an unveiling next week.  But, all I hear about are his eyes. This is to upset and worry me.  He still thinks that I have anxiety about him.  He doesn't realize that it was grief and that now I'm at acceptance.   So I then start to talk about the pain in my teeth.  He stops complaining because he realizes that I've got his number.


It's a difficult way to live, but, I am grateful that I have strategies given to me by the Almighty to help me cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment