Thursday, August 25, 2016

GRATEFUL FOR NEW HABITS AND PATTERNS (WRITTEN ON THURSDAY BUT WILL COVER FRIDAY AND THE WEEKEND)

I am grateful to the Almighty because He has helped me to create new habits and patterns in my life and they are serving me well.

If I had not practiced yoga on Thursday I would never have heard the instructor talk about the end of the summer season and the change to fall.   

She spoke of changes in ourselves and how this can affect us.  She spoke of the creation of new habits and patterns.

Isn't this exactly what I have done with my retired life??  I walk in the morning and then practice yoga.  I do chores.  I read.  I'm in no less than five book clubs!!  I'm active in my Sisterhood as well as PJC.

Now there is a new pattern that is emerging.  It's called calm and quiet.  The ground rules are simple. One should only speak about oneself, family or people that we both know.  Since he is a hidden man this can't happen and so I have peace and quiet.  For example he speaks to his brother's widow daily but never mentions it preferring to speak of people that I don't know. I don't share stories of my friends because of his previous emotionally disturbed responses.

It's quiet.  It's peaceful.  I am happy.

Thank you Almighty for always protecting me.

I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment