Wednesday, May 2, 2012

GRATEFUL FOR HOW FAR I'VE COME

I'm very proud of myself as it says in the title for how far I've come and the different and exciting things that I do.  However, there are times that I feel sadness.  I know that this is a stage of grief, but occasionally I do have a pity party thinking of the dream that I have burst and missing it. I know that it was a dream that was in my mind and never real.   I move forward and all this is going on inside of me.  I feel alone and wish that I had someone in my life.  I can't help thinking that there will be someone new someday.


Last night was PASTA NIGHT.  I had a wonderful time.  He didn't go.  To be controlling, he went through, "I'm going.....I'm not...."  "I'm going.....I'm not....."  Finally when he decided to go two days ago, I told mim that it was all sold out!!!!!!   He couldn't go!!!!!!


I had a wonderful, fun filled time. However, I couldn't help but look at couples.  Men looked like men.  I know from stories told to me by friends and colleagues that their husbands, lovers are normal.  I thought, "WHY ME?" Then I buried the thought because that could be so destructive.
I was asked where he was and I said that he was suffering a depression because of his illnesses. That wasn't it.  He is suffering from the loss of control.  I saw that loss of control when we went to the dentist and I asked him to see my office.  He couldn't give a compliment because he was jealous.


When I got home he was asleep.  I started some simple chores and there he was.  I suspected that he wasn't sleeping but would love to blame me for waking him up.  I gave him no satisfaction.  He asked how OPEN SCHOOL NIGHT was and quickly re-corrected to PASTA NIGHT.  I said good.  I said that he was missed.  That was politically correct.  He wanted to know by who and I said, "PEOPLE."  There is no sense in giving him names that he can curse.  He gave up and went back to bed.


In the morning as I suspected, it would not be discussed.  But, I smiled inwardly because I knew that I had hit another milestone.  I would never have to bring him anywhere that I could get to.  That's fine with me.


I hope the Almighty will grant me good health to continue to work.  I am grateful that he does these things so that the Almighty can help me to make informed decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment