Saturday, September 14, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR CALM AND QUIET ON YOM KIPPUR

I am grateful to the Almighty for a wonderful, spiritual Yom Kippur.

The Kol Nidre service was beautiful.  As we walked home, I met some of the guys that I knew and we walked home with them.  Interesting that I didn't notice the beginning of his jealousy.

In the morning, I walked to services alone.  He arrived at 10AM and left at 12:30.  Last year, he stayed longer, but he was very quiet and I could see he was annoyed at my relationship with my friends. 

The break was at 3:00PM until 5:00PM.  I brought a book, as is my custom and read stretched out in the ladies room.  I went back to the sanctuary at 5:00 PM and there he was. No one told him when the break was, so he arrived at 4:00PM.

He was quiet during services.  At the end, when everyone kisses everyone else, he did neither with me.   He walked out without me, getting lost in the crowd, and met me at the car.

I could see that he was looking for an issue, so after eating, I went to get mail and do laundry.

I was very calm.

I know that you will be upset with me, but emotionally, I expected more.  Intellectually, I know that he is a bully.

However, I am not his victim, so I stayed calm even when he asked me what was wrong. I answered that when someone wants to start an issue, you should walk out of the room. That was exactly what I did.

I was grateful for my calmness.  I understood his jealousy and I am grateful that I did. It could have started a fire and that's what he wanted.

He failed.

I am grateful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment