Saturday, January 26, 2019

GRATEFUL FOR THE NEW NORMAL.......A PEACEFUL SABBATH

I am grateful to the Almighty for the new normal that I am living as it brings me a peaceful Sabbath.

I am not yet ready to go to services but I have the Almighty in my heart and I am grateful for a peaceful Sabbath.

I was always so uncomfortable preparing Shabbos when he was alive.  We ate in the dining room to make it more festive.  He objected because it was too much work.  However, I was doing the work.  He would fling off his skull cap after I made Kiddush and he would mumble the blessing.   

Saturday morning he would call Ellen at 9:00.  I had already left for services.  There was a time that I cajoled him into coming to services at 10:30 because I saw other couples there.  He came and proceeded to create an issue by saying, "Good Shabbos," to Rhonnie at least ten times if she didn't answer him.   At home, like the psychopath that he was, he proceeded to interrogate me about what Rhonnie did.  I would sit on the kitchen chair and try to explain her to him.  After he was satiated he walked away.  Finally I said that since he didn't believe in the Almighty he didn't have to come to services.  He didn't.

What began was questioning me when I came home from services.  Who was there?  What did they say?  I made up stories and soon started to tell him what we read in the Torah in a quiet voice.  That wasn't what he wanted and soon he left me alone.

The rest of the day he was silent except to tell me how bored he was.  He would object to going out Saturday night until I felt there was no need to go.

I AM NOW SO HAPPY WITH MY SABBATH.

Friday night I light candles and proceed to bless the wine, wash my hands and bless the challah.

I have my dinner quietly in the kitchen watching my new television.

Saturday is a peaceful, spiritual and quiet day.

I am grateful to the Almighty for this.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment