Monday, April 11, 2016

GRATEFUL FOR LOVING MYSELF

I am grateful to the Almighty because He sent me to yoga.  It is  there that I am beginning to learn to love myself and to treat myself with kindness and compassion.

Everyday I try to recognize something in myself to love and to be proud of.

I am proud of the fact that I have let go of my Passover seders and instead I am going to PJC for both seders.  I am approaching this with such joy.

I was the facilitator of my seders  for many years.  I was an excellent role model but in those girls,  I had no one to work with.  They criticized the food, whether it was what I cooked or what I purchased at Woodbury Kosher.  They refused to follow the service and made a joke of it. They told me they were ashamed of how I set up the house and would leave as soon as they could.  This year I had had enough and I chose to tell them that I was going to a community seder instead.  Once one of them refused to come and went to another seder and told me that it was so much better than mine.

Little did I know that PJC would have two seders.

I approach the holiday with the joy that it deserves.

I set the table yesterday with joy.  I brought up Passover items from the basement.  I am so happy during this season and calm for the first time.  I did the best that I could.  I can't kill myself for them and I won't develop depression over who they are.

This is the last Jewish holiday where I have to disinvite them.

I am proud of me.

I am learning to love myself.

Thank you, Almighty.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment