Friday, May 31, 2019

GRATEFUL BECAUSE I FORGIVE MYSELF

I am grateful to the Almighty because I practiced yoga yesterday and the instructor spoke of forgiving yourself.

That is something that I have not been able to put into words but I have so many questions.  Why didn't I fight with my mother when she said those awful things to me?  Why didn't I tell a family member what she said?  Why didn't I leave him?

The questions torture me BUT in the end I forgive myself.  It's true that I was a respectful Jewish child.  It was a crazy home.  I didn't like to fight.  No one was on my side.  I wanted love and I thought that I would receive it from him.  

In the end I achieved much more in life than I ever thought I would.

I forgive myself.  I was a child that had been broken emotionally by two very disturbed people.

I survived.

I hope that the Almighty gives me a long and healthy life.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment