Thursday, May 23, 2019

GRATEFUL THAT I CAN HANDLE TRIGGERS

I am grateful to the Almighty because He saw to it that I went to therapy and it was there that I learned to handle triggers.

Yesterday I could not go to practice yoga after meditation because Gelber and Sons was coming to do their annual checkup of my air conditioning system.

I was able to walk for two hours.  I met a gentleman on Maplewood who told me what a lovely gentleman my abuser was and how he missed him.  My response was that was the boy I dated and not the man I had the misfortune to marry.

That comment lead me down a road of sadness and regret that life turned out like it did.  However I have learned in therapy to move forward from triggers by looking at the good in my life.  

It's a process.  It's taking time BUT I'm getting there thanks to the Almighty.

Thank you Almighty.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment