Friday, October 24, 2014

MENTAL STRENGTH

I am thankful to the Almighty because He has blessed me with mental strength.

I was reading a book called Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell which is the eyewitness account of Operation Redwing and the lost heroes of Seal Team 10.   He was describing what it took to become a SEAL and said that it took mental health and not having a pity party for yourself.

Suddenly a light bulb went off in my head.  I realized that this is what he tries and I might add fails to do to me.  First he's decent.  Then he makes a plan.  Then he cancels the plan.  Then he ignores me.  It's done to start a fight.  I'm supposed to ask what is wrong.  I foil the plan by creating a counter plan and move on.

Last night was a case in point.  He created a plan to go to dinner and a film.  He played the game and expected me to react.  I didn't.   I read my book, watched television about the Ebola virus in NY and then watched Parenthood.

It should be pointed out that the book speaks of mental strength as something you need to become a SEAL.  It speaks of a pity party too.  It was amazing that I read this last night. I believe that the Almighty was leading me to this section.

He does the same thing with vacations and that's why there are none.

It should be pointed out that he fails each time.

Today I will finally walk outside as it is not raining.  I will attend my yoga class and do some errands.  I went to Fairway,  B. Well Naturally for oils and vitamins and Eyeglass House because my glasses are gone!!!!  I also went to FV Cleaners and brought in the last of my summer clothes to store.

Tonight is Shabbos.

I am grateful to you, Almighty for being there for me.

Thank you for my mental health.

I am grateful!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment