Friday, January 18, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR EVERYDAY CHORES

As I was driving to my Curriculum Committee meeting this morning I was looking at the cloud formations and thinking how amazing they were.   This is a form of meditation that I learned about in a class that I took.  I was so grateful that my mind could do this as it showed how really relaxed I am.

I realized that I was enjoying all of my little chores.   I was always creating strategies for how to deal with him.  That took time away from appreciating my own life.  Now that I have moved forward, I'm relaxed and can appreciate everything that I do.

I can even stay home, if I choose and read, because I have no fear of him.  Not responding to his anger has become second nature for me.

As I approach the MLK weekend, which I am delighted to say is 3 days long, I find myself looking forward to it.  I have planned activities for myself and should he try and destroy my happiness, he will fail because I so don't care.

Life has become a vacation and I thank the Almighty for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment