Monday, January 21, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR PEACE

I am grateful to the Almighty for the peaceful day that he has given me.  It is my intention or New Year's Resolution to have peace every day in my life from this time forward.

I slept later this morning because it was MLK Day.  I don't know if I had a cold or not, but, I was blowing my nose a lot during the night.   I awoke later than usual.

I had decided to walk only an hour because that is what I do on Mondays.  So, off I went in the cold, all bundled up.  However, this was different!!!  It was peaceful!!!  It was quiet.  I had no other thoughts because I want to enjoy the moment.  I did.   It was silent outside.  It was cold. It was dreary, but, I found it to be beautiful because it was so still.   I had no strategies to plan.  I know what to do.  

I have opened my heart to all possibilities and because of this, I have changed my world.

Because of this, I could embrace the stillness.  I could see the formation of Canadian geese going by.  I could look at airplanes soaring above.  Instead of being envious as to where people were going, I could embrace the abundance of my life.  I stopped to listen to 2 squirrels arguing in a tree.


I then went to yoga.  I took a Level 1 class and embraced what I could do, not what I could not do.

I am grateful to the Almighty for teaching me how to experience peace !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment