Wednesday, January 30, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR LEARNING OF THE ALMIGHTY'S CONSEQUENCES

I am grateful to the Almighty for my day yesterday.

If you remember, I was emotional about the fact that the night before, he went to sleep before I returned home from my class in Spirituality.  It had iced over and he didn't even stay awake to see if I returned home.

But, it was another step in taking care of myself.  I think that this is the Almighty's intention.  It was to teach me that I am resourceful and can take care of myself!!!  Even when the younger one called, she was shocked that I had gone out in bad weather.

Last night we attended a film and Q&A on the Beatles.  There was supposed to be a reception.  I had planned to have dinner at home and not eat later.  He of course, planned to eat everything that wasn't nailed down.  But, it was a misprint and there was no reception.

I was delighted because I didn't want to come up withe a reason as to why I wasn't eating.  He was miserable because there was no food.  I saw this as his punishment for treating me the way he did last night. 

However, he didn't succeed at all.  I never reacted and I'm sure that bothered him.  Last night, I did not take his hand to walk in, I just walked slowly.  I'm proud of myself.

He had seen something about Valentine's Day at Cinema Arts and asked me if we should attend. I just mentioned the possible bad weather forecast in a non-emotional, factual way and it was forgotten.

Th Almighty has taught me to be thoughtful and quiet before I speak.  This is hard for me because I like to chat.  However, I am getting so much better at this.  I am grateful to the Almighty for teaching me and watching over me.  I know that the Almighty will always be a part  of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment