Tuesday, January 29, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR OVERCOMING CHALLENGES

I am grateful to the Almighty for helping me to overcome challenges.

I took my Spirituality course last night.  Although I had invited him, I realized when I came home that I didn't want him there.  He didn't want to go anyway. It became very easy to un-invite him.  One has to remember that anything that I want to do, he doesn't, so it becomes easy to un-invite.

When I got to the class, I saw that the entire sidewalk had iced over.  What to do???  I waited for the Rabbi and he poured sand over the area and even gave me his hand to take.  He said that this was all right in times of emergency.

I called him when I got inside to tell him what happened.  He listened, but since he didn't know where Chabad was, he could be of no assistance.

I asked a couple to walk me to the car at the end of the course which they did.

When I returned home, I expected him to be up, concerned and waiting for me.  There was no such luck.  He was sound asleep.  I woke him to be able to put my sweater away and that was that.

I was hurt.   I was angry at myself for this feeling, but, I'm only human.   I didn't say anything about it this morning because I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.  I was also annoyed at myself. I realized that I should not be feeling like this and  imagine that it will take time to get over.

I moved on. 

Nothing has really changed.  I didn't expect that it would. 

The challenge was that I did get myself to my course and I am very independent.

Thank you Almighty,  for giving me challenges to overcome and the ability to do so.

I am grateful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment