Tuesday, March 27, 2012

GRATEFUL FOR SADNESS WHICH LEAD TO NEW STRATEGIES

My new strategies worked last night.  When I got up, instead of thinking about sad things, I did think about 3 successes.  But, alas, last night there was another problem.

The younger one, who is really crazy, called to re-arrange my Seder dinner so that she could have an issue.   I was unprepared because it hasn't happened in so long and I fell into the trap, by telling the truth instead of giving her vague answers.  This allowed her to answer and me to defend my self and the tirade started.  The dance had begun.  For the first time, in a long time, I cried.

Of course, he could have helped the situation by saying that this is what I'm making.  However, if he could defend his wife he would have been a real husband and this is not the case.   

I'm not going to go with "should haves......." This gets you no where.  Next time, and there will always be a next time, my answer will be vague.  When  hear her voice, I will be on guard. 

This led me to think about going away with the other one who treats me the same way.  I'm smiling as I think about driving up all the way to Massachusetts so she could do her tirade if I say or do something that she doesn't approve of.  I'm grateful to the Almighty for showing me this because I have made an informed decision not to go.  




No comments:

Post a Comment