Sunday, March 11, 2012

GRATEFUL THAT I UNDERSTAND MOOD SWINGS

This has been, for me a delightful weekend.  I told you about yesterday.   Today, we changed the clocks and we lost an hour, but that didn't stop me from getting up early, doing laundry, cleaning out the dishwasher and then at 7:30, WALKING FOR 2 HOURS listening to the beat of my I-POD.


Then I came home, changed and went to yoga.  On the way home, I went to the butcher with my Passover list, put gas in the car and bought Dunkin' Donuts coffee.


Now, I'm writing to you.  Later we will have dinner with my older daughter to celebrate her 36th birthday.


And where was he in all of this?   Yesterday, he tried arguing and that didn't work. He tried telling me that we should throw out all the vacation brochures. I did that without as much as a peep. Then he went to bed without so much as a good night and that didn't work.  This morning he tried silence and, I'm smiling here, that didn't work because I left.   Now he's talking.  And he's smiling.  And he wants a kiss.


I am grateful that I was silent through all these moods.  Yoga has taught me to live in the present, my present and I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment