Tuesday, February 12, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR CONTROL

I am grateful to the Almighty for the control that I have been showing when I am around him.

It ha been difficult.  Due to the snow, I am around him a lot as I have not given up my activities. He drives me where I have to go.  For this, I am grateful.   The flip side is that he doesn't miss a beat to banter and I know that one answer will take me down a road that I don't want to go.

I'm not a machine and sometimes there are cracks in the armor.  But, after I make one comment in answer to a banter, I quickly draw myself back.  

For example, I happened to say that I hope my bonding doesn't break when I go to the dentist next week.  That gave him the opportunity to banter about the dentist.  It's a worn road, so I answered to explain about the structure of the bonding.  As I was explaining, I saw myself go down that road, and I pulled back.

He is reading a book, where my older daughter is quoted by the author because she had a brain injury.  He thinks that she is a wonderful therapist and because we are stuck so close, it takes all my willpower, not to say anything. I remember what she pulled on July 31.   I succeeded but it takes a lot of strength to do this.

I mentioned that I gained weight.  He didn't miss a beat and told me that it was the wine that I drink.  The fact is that through yoga, I have a mantra, (I HAVE JOY, I HAVE ENERGY, I WILL HAVE A GOOD DAY) and an intention to have a good day and because I am in control of me, the weight has gone back to normal.  It takes a lot of will power not to answer. 

In the long run, I am grateful to the Almighty for my calm, cool, collected nature.   I'm sure that he would have loved to have an issue, but alas, he failed. 

I would like the snow to melt because some things never change and this is a good example of it.I could see that he felt he wasn't winning, because he hoped that he wouldn't have to drive me tomorrow.

ME TOO!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment