Friday, February 1, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR OBSERVATIONS

Thank you, Almighty for allowing me to observe the world.

I used to be so caught up in strategies for solving problems in my life or healing emotional wounds, that I had no time to observe the world.

It is so different now.

This morning, I walked out to pack up the truck and noticed the cold and chilly morning.  As I went to the bank, an errand that I didn't know I wold do, I noticed a group of birds, all different, sitting high up on a wire.  I was able to stop and just for a second, reflect on how they would group themselves.

It was a thing of beauty to see.

I had a wonderful time at dinner with my friend.  I came home to observe that it has been a wonderful week filled with work and wonderful things to do.

I thought back to how I managed with my Spirituality class in spite of the ice.  I enjoyed the Beatles at Cinema Arts and avoided a confrontation about Valentine's Day, a day that I could never again celebrate with him.   I enjoyed Governor's Comedy Club, knowing that it was a friend who was performing.

Now it is gong to be Shabbos.   It has been 6 months since July 31st.   In this weeks parsha of the Torah, it talks about how you have to hit bottom in order to come back to the top.  That is what happened to me.  

I was given a second chance.

Thank you so much Almighty.

Good Shabbos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment