Friday, February 8, 2013

IT'S MIDTERM TIME

This weekend, I will take a MIDTERM EXAMINATION for the entire weekend!!!!

A major blizzard is predicted.    I will have to spend the entire weekend with him.  There will be no where to go!!!  Let's see how I do.   With that in mind, I'm going to number the events and then figure out the percentage.    Let's see how I do.  I will consider a grade of 80 or above as a good one.

l.   I went to dinner with him.  I had to change the tip and add one dollar.  I did so without a word.

2.  The older one called with her "egg story" and her "Passover Story."  I didn't react and made  
up a "midget story."

3.   I went to a meeting of a new condo going up in town.  All the people who ignored us because of our dis-functional children were there.   He made bantering comments.   I didn't respond.  I expected and ignored it.

4. He drove me to work because of the impending blizzard.  He made bantering and insulting "jokes" the entire drive.   I didn't respond nor did I become angry.  I expected and ignored it.

5. The lights went out.  He wanted to go to a hotel, but I kept my calm and quiet voice saying that I didn't want to drive in the blizzard.  I made dinner.  AND THE LIGHTS CAME ON!!!

6. He was very grateful to me that we didn't go to a hotel and voiced that.

7. This morning he actually hired 3 men who had taken down our backyard trees to shovel the driveway and steps so that I would not have to do it.  He said that he felt bad that I did this 2 years ago and he knew that I would do it again.   He paid $90 which is unheard of for him.

8. It's almost 6:12 and Shabbos is over,  I had to shovel the lip after the plow came through, but I found 3 young men to finish the job.  I read my book, listened to yoga music and relaxed.  I imagine that I taught him quiet for TODAY,  because he was........no bantering or teasing.

9. Dinner was a success.  Black and blue tuna w veggies.  Conversation about how people are interested in only themselves.  I kept it very global!!!!!  Now a NETFLIX film and days end.......good job.........there's always tomorrow.   So far, I get a 100%!!!!!

10.  We watched the NETFLIX film, DRIVE.   It was a no-brainer, but I was very relaxed. He received a phone call during the film.  It was from Ellen.  He told me a bit about it, but it didn't break my concentration.  He didn't understand the film.  It's not my business to explain it.  Off to sleep.

11. I woke up at 7:30. I had a wonderful night's sleep.  Today my studio is open.  Off to yoga. I asked and he will take me.   

12. He tried to banter about a bad hip this time.  Last time it was an elbow. I counted with ad very quietly that I need a list of his medications.  He gave it to me but asked about why I mentioned that I needed this in case he had a stroke.  I know that he is trying to make me anxious.  I just said and very quietly, I might add,  that I want to be prepared.  I think he will be quiet now.

13.  Yoga was wonderful!!!!!!  He did pick me up from the studio.  He has no idea where or who the people are that I know.  I like it like that.

14.  I have listened to all the negative, nasty comments about neighbors and the older one's boyfriend.  It is to my credit that I haven't said a word.  I have realized that this would take me down a road that I don't want to travel.

15. I was reading, listening to yoga music and had lit some candles. a bulb blue out in a fixture and he was going to replace it.  But, he had to tell me where the light bulbs were in case he wasn't here.  He never misses a beat to create anxiety.   I didn't answer.

16.  I made a wonderful dinner and since it was the end of a weekend that I really did well at, I decided to tell him that there was no point in looking for another condo if he won't be here. You should have heard him squirm!!!!!


I MUST SAY THAT I DID EXTREMELY WELL THIS WEEKEND. WHAT I LEARNED FROM THE EXPERIENCE IS THAT THETE ARE ROADS WITH HIM THAT I DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL AND I DIDN'T!!!!!


GRADE-  100% on the MIDTERM


No comments:

Post a Comment