Friday, October 4, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR THE ABILITY TO OBSERVE

I am grateful to the Almighty because he has given me the ability to observe what people do in a non-emotional way.

Yesterday was a case in point.  My younger daughter wanted to come to visit.  She is a decent soul unlike the other one and I said yes.  I treated her and myself to a manicure and pedicure and she also wanted eyebrow waxing.   The bill was a fortune, but I used his credit card so, in effect, he paid!!!   Then we went to dinner in a restaurant that she chose.  She was a lot of fun to be with which is unusual for her on a day to day basis.  She is an emotional soul that has been destroyed by that older one.

I observed him being such a wonderful father and I remembered all the cruel things that he does to me.  However, yoga has taught me to live in the moment and so I took advantage of the nice evening that I got knowing that I would never merit such an evening with him if it was me alone.

I didn't care.  I didn't change my feelings about him.  I enjoyed the moment. I especially enjoyed watching his behaviors when he was around other people.

By the way, I love my manicure/pedicure.

I was so relaxed that I was able to read when I got home.  i then watched my favorite television program and had a great nights sleep.

Thank you, Almighty for the ability to observe.

No comments:

Post a Comment