Monday, October 7, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR INTELLIGENCE

I am grateful to the Almighty because he has made me intelligent.

I have noticed a pattern of discussion with him over the weekend.  As the weather turns cooler and rainier, I am in the house more.  I have noticed these patterns the last couple of weekends and tried to change myself.  It's hard, BUT, I will succeed with the help of the Almighty.

He likes to pick a fight when I read.  That led to nonsense conversation.

Now I notice that his conversation triggers sadness in me.   I have to watch that.  I made a change Sunday, by watching the NETFLIX film.  Afterwards, he said nothing about it. It was just an activity to get through. I made dinner because of the conversation in the restaurant yesterday.  This was quicker.  In the evening, he pushed his way in to my television show, BOARDWALK and I said nothing.

Now I need to do something about these conversations that trigger sadness and anxiety in me.  My mother before him loved to scare me by discussing "my being a ward of the court" if she wasn't there.  He discusses what will happen if he isn't here.  He discusses the older one.  He discusses the doctors.  He discusses cancer.  He discusses heart disease.  He discusses the condo.  All these topics are sure to get a rise out of me.  If not, internally, they upset me.   I need to find a way to escape, "in the house" from this.


Today, is a work day, but that should not be my escape.  I have yoga today too and I'm reading a good book.  By I sense that he is pulling me down and I need to find a way out.

Thanks to the Almighty, with my intelligence, I will achieve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment