Monday, April 22, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR THE ABILITY TO LIE

Sometimes one has to lie in order to move forward for one's own dignity.  I am proud to say that this was one of those times.

I was very angry when he decided to go out Mothers Day with them.  I really didn't think anyone deserved that.  I was angry because he had promised to create a "Parent Day".  Instead when the older one said, "see you on Mothers Day," he said nothing.  When I asked him why he did that, he told me that I could handle it if I wanted to make a change.

Like hell I was going to handle it, not with this group.  Needless to say, I remember that infamous day in July of 2012.

However, I came up with a plan and it amazed even me because it was so filled with lies.  There would be no "girls day".  She has forfeited that when she chose his mother over me. If his mother wanted to have dinner, I could get an hour here or there.   She has always done that going back to when she chose the neighbor over me.  But, I wasn't going to play second fiddle.   I chose to go to The Brick, where she lives.

It was a perfect choice.  We would have dinner with them in a place I loved. Here is the first lie. I think that the area she lives in is horrible and the restaurant is even worse.  I knew that he hated the restaurant and hated driving there.  We would have dinner at 6:00 which is early.  Here is the second lie because I would get the entire day to myself.  I did not want a gift.  Here is the third lie.  I asked her to make a donation to a charity because I have everything I need.  What's the lie??   It was insulting to get yoga mat cleaner last year and I don't want anything this year.    Here's the fourth lie.   I told her to invite the boyfriend.  I knew that would upset him and that is just what I owe him.

All in all, I did very well.  I'm not a lier.  However, necessity is the mother of invention and I handled this very well.

I am grateful to the Almighty for allowing me to do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment