Wednesday, April 17, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR THE ABILITY TO REALLY LISTEN

I am grateful to the Almighty for the ability to really listen and apply what I hear to benefit my own life.

One can hear someone speak to you, but until you really listen, nothing changes.

Yesterday, because of yoga, so many things became clear to me. Working on "the core," the other day really helped me understand how this relates to self esteem.  Raising your core helps to raise your self-esteem.  Last night, I attended a Restorative Yoga Workshop and Dawn, the new instructor, spoke of an Indian story of two wolves.   It had to do with how we  feed them.  It seems that we have a choice.  We can choose to feed the wolf of happiness or the wolf of unhappiness.  That made so much sense to me. I really listened to the story and intend to apply it to my own life.  I hope to continue to feed the wolf of happiness in order to make my heart sing.

Yoga is wonderful because I pick up so many spiritual ideas that help me in my life.  I listen and I remember them.  I apply them to make my life better.

Another example of my new ability to listen and apply what I hear happened this morning.  He  chose to tell me how caring the older one is.  I listened.  I used my yoga principles.  I applied concepts that I had learned.  I was successful.  The one I used was stillness.  He spoke and I listened and didn't comment.  When he asked why I was quiet, I told him that I was listening. This was not the reaction that he wanted, but this was the one he received.

Thank you Almighty for the ability to listen, to absorb, to apply and to use stillness in a positive and healthy way for myself.

I am grateful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment