Tuesday, April 30, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR LEARNING TO LOVE MYSELF FULLY

I am grateful to the Almighty because I have finally learned how to love myself fully.

When things come up, as they do in a family, before I make any suggestion, my first thought is, "how will this affect me?"  Most times, these decisions don't affect me.  In these cases, I have learned the value of stillness and I await a decision.

A case in point is the text that I received from the older one this morning.  Mothers Day has been set up by me at 6PM in a restaurant where they live. There was no reason to repeat the mistakes of last year.  The gift is a donation to your favorite charity.  There is no reason for a repeat performance of last year's hurtful gift.

Anyway, her boyfriend, although invited couldn't come.  This is as I suspected since he didn't come last year.  The excuse was different. Last year, it was his birthday.  This year it is his mother.  However, he could come Father's Day.

I told him about this text and now it is up to him to decide what to do.  This has really freed me up because I no longer am in charge of everyone's decisions.

Life has become a vacation as I begin to learn how to love myself fully and I am thankful to the Almighty for this.   I have learned that all decision making is not my responsibility.  This has made me very light-hearted.

Tonight, I am giving myself a gift that will make my heart soar.   I am going to RESTORATIVE YOGA.   Yesterday, I gave myself a gift to also make my heart soar.  I brought all my SPRING clothes back from the cleaners.

Spring and Summer are my favorite times of year.  

Thanks to the Almighty, I have am learning to love myself fully and will enjoy these seasons because I have learned the value of stillness and the love I have for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment