Thursday, August 29, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS THIS PAST WEEK

I am so grateful to the Almighty for all my accomplishments this past week.

We went to the condo in Westhampton.  There is no place to run there and no place to hide so one has to be very careful.  I was.  I had an incredible week.

I did not discuss what I didn't want to.   He spent a lot of time telling me about this new condo that we were going to buy.  Then he would tell me that he was going to die.  Then he would ask me if I knew how to drive to Westhampton.  Then he would ask for money. Then he would tell me that he has money...........  and on and on.

I am proud of say that I did not fall in to this trap at all.  It was tough going because there was no place to run to.

I did have one bad panic attack because it's tough to listen to all this and not respond.  I decided that in the future, I might give my opinion, but only once and then in a quiet voice that I've become so good at.

I increased my walking to close to 3 hours on some days.  I encouraged him to let Matzah go to the "beach" which was in reality, the bay side of Shore Road.  I read 2 newspapers. We went to the pool.  I finished one book and started another.  I drank wine and ate wasabi peas on the deck before dinner.  I finished taking my yoga classes at the studio that I found in town.  I shopped, not a lot, but a hat, tee shirt  from The Hampton Classic and a running jacket that said, Westhampton.  I showered and dressed for dinner, allowing him to wear the clothes that he went to the beach in because I finally realized that I'm not the clothes police.

We went to The Hampton Classic, a place with no bad memories.   I did not go to Montauk where a waiter chased us down the steps of a restaurant because his tip was either non-existent or inappropriate. 

I saw what a bully he had been because he actually had memorized all the things that I had wanted to do that he said "no" to.   I understood this, but it didn't control me.

I am grateful to the Almighty for guiding me this week and this past summer.

Thank you, Almighty for my accomplishments.    

No comments:

Post a Comment