Tuesday, December 24, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR LOOKING AHEAD

I am grateful to the Almighty because this morning as I walked  (for 2 hours on a cold and frosty morning, I might add),  I started to look ahead to see what new adventure I would have in my life.  It doesn't mean that I don't live in the moment, but appreciating the moment helps me move on.

I have been so consumed with strategies for survival that I was not able to think ahead.  Now however, everything is in place and I find myself smiling as I think about my future.  Notice that I say, my future because I am not part of a viable couple which is fine and liberating.

After walking, I came home to shower and run errands.  I went to the bank to move money.  Then I went to Cindi's to shop.   I stopped off at Weight Watchers to get some of that new dessert.  I went to the cleaning store to shorten yoga pants.  I went to Dr.  Be Well Naturally for vitamins and to check out crackers.

Then it was off to DD.

I came home to text friends and talk to friends.  And of course, to read both newspapers.

I'm going to read my book tonight and watch The Hunger Games.

I'm hoping to see a film tomorrow.

I am grateful to the Almighty because I can look ahead to the light.  Leslie, in yoga, yesterday was right that this time of darkness in the winter months acts as a time where we honker down and try to make our life better.  

Thank you Almighty for the gift of looking ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment