Friday, December 13, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR MY LIFE

I am grateful to the Almighty for my life.

I am so grateful for my health.  I am grateful for friends, activities and the way that giving up my history has changed my life.

I have decided to retire.  He took me out to dinner last night and promised to "be good." Imagine a 67 year old man promising that.  I told him that it didn't matter because I had strategies to make my life work for me.  I'm so proud and grateful to the Almighty because I was able to say that in a calm, cool voice.

I turned down an invitation to go to my older daughter's boyfriends house over my vacation because I owe her nothing.  It's my vacation.   Life is about me.  I am grateful to the Almighty because he made me see that.

I spoke with the Principal this morning to set up an appointment to speak with him about his behavior on Monday.  I am in charge of me.   I am grateful to the Almighty for that.

Tonight is the Sabbath, a day of rest.

I pray that my checkup was good so that I can move on with my life.

Thank you, Almighty for my life.

Later:   In the quiet stillness of Shabbos, I finished my book.  It was excellent.  There's a great deal to be said for quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment