Wednesday, May 14, 2014

GRATEFUL FOR MY STRENGTH

I am grateful to the Almighty because He has made me a strong person.

I had a wonderful day yesterday.  I am going to love retirement.  I did a lot of fun things.  It felt as if I was on vacation!!!   I walked for 2 hours when I wanted to.  I read newspapers slowly with DD coffee.  I was able to complete my book.  I was able to start the next one.  I really enjoyed my book club discussion last night.  I was so excited to find a beautiful dress to wear to my retirement party.  I framed the wonderful letter that Chris gave me.  I made a manicure/pedicure appointment for Friday.  I spoke to a gentlemen named Herb from Senior Advisors of Nassau Community College.  He explained the registration process to me.  Papers came from BOCES and I am up to date.  I even went to the eye doctor and thanks to the Almighty, my checkup was fine.

I'm in the process of creating a daily schedule for myself. 

It's a strange time for me.  I have mixed emotions about leaving.  I am very nostalgic about my career because I loved it so.  On the other hand, I am aware that I can't continue to hide out in a school and I want the next adventure to start.  This has led to joy, happiness and crying too!!

He is taking advantage of my mixed emotions to start arguments about nothing.  It doesn't take much for it to fully escalate into a major confrontation and that would be his joy. I wouldn't know what happened and he would be delighted.  I'm glad that I took off yesterday because I am now aware of this and will be careful.  That is my strength.

I am at work today.  I plan to walk after work and to read today.  I am taking a yoga class too.  Dana is coming because someone banged into her car yesterday and she and he will go to a body shop.   I invited her to go out to dinner.

Thank you, Almighty for making me a strong woman!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment