Tuesday, May 20, 2014

GRATEFUL FOR MY SUCCESSES

I am grateful to the Almighty for all of my successes.

I decided to go to work today.  Why not???  As i was walking in to the building I reviewed the history of my career.  I realized how grateful I am to the Almighty for making this career possible.   

It started with my parents who trashed my self-esteem.  The Almighty made sure that I succeeded in school and upon graduation, I was placed in the best district in the city. I don't have to tell you about all the abuse that I suffered at his hands.   Upon my mothers death,  I got a job at Lincoln Hall where I rose from teacher to Principal and met my friend, Carl.  When that closed, Carl told me about BOCES.  I was hired here and did so many things that I am proud of.  I taught,  I did overnights, I worked summer school at Jones Beach and I became the Curriculum Coordinator for the last 9 years.

I went to work despite everything that happened to me.   Work helped me to survive it all.  It was the Almighty who helped me to find these positions, these friends and led me to this life.

Then there was July 31, 2012.   The Almighty was frustrated with me because I saw but didn't see.  As a result of what happened that night,  I changed into the "me" that I am today.

It is time for me to leave "work" and to "play."  

Thanks to yoga,  I know how to handle him.

I can't wait for my new life to begin.

Thank you, Almighty for all that you have done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment