Thursday, May 23, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR THE MOURNING PERIOD

I never understood why a mourning period was 12 months long.  However, now I do and I am grateful to the Almighty for creating it.

This is finals week at school and I am running the overflow room as curriculum coordinator.  I have done all that needs to be done and so I had time to read different blogs from past years.

I could see the hurt in myself.  I could see the attempts at coping.  I could see how I never gave in. Failure was not going to be an option.

I am happy to say that I have succeeded.  I am not the same person that I was.  The hurt is behind me.  I am enjoying my life.  I feel safe.  I can cope with them.  I have managed through texting to move further from them.  

I have removed that which doesn't serve.  I have moved from darkness to light.

I understand why a mourning period is 12 months long.

Thank you, Almighty for creating this time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment