Monday, March 31, 2014

GRATEFUL FOR SUCCESSES

I am grateful to the Almighty for my successes.

Today is March 31, 2014.   It is 20 months since that horrible day,  July 31, 2012.  

This morning as I got ready for work, I realized how far I have come and how much better my life is.  I have created so many wonderful activities for myself.   I have learned to be quiet around my enemies and I am at peace.

Occasionally, something will happen to upset me.  Last night, I woke up at 4:30AM thinking about the older one's request for the second seder night.  She wanted to be picked up at the train station with her boyfriend to come to the second seder or she would rent a ZipCar and have to bring it back early and would miss half of the seder.  I imagine that this was a threat, but it didn't bother me in the least.  I did get up at 4:30AM, and did think about it, but by the time I got ready for work, I had moved on.  

It snowed this morning and he had to drive me.  We talked about this.  I knew how anti-Jewish he is.  If there was no boyfriend that he hated, he would have picked her up and fought with me.  In this respect, I'm lucky.

Today, I have to call two of my friends to remind them of the Sisterhood dinner on Wednesday, before the book club.

Tonight will be a quiet night.  I'm reading a really good book for my next evening Syosset Book Club.  It's called Fever and is the story of Typhoid Mary.

I am grateful to the Almighty for my successes and the wonderful changes that I have made in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment