Saturday, January 11, 2014

GRATEFUL FOR THE JOY IN MY LIFE

I am thankful to the Almighty for the joy in my life.

I was so happy yesterday to discover that we had 2 weeks off for Christmas next year.  I know that I have written a great deal about retirement, but if I play the game correctly at work, maybe I should stay.  It definitely is not a positive thing to be around him.  I mentioned to him at Shabbat dinner that I might stay, but did not reveal the reasons.

I was joyful going to services today.  I spoke to my friend who runs the memory workshop and asked her to give me some of the other assignments as I endeavor to try and create a portrait of me.

It was interesting to read the Torah portion of the week as I always do.  This week however, it spoke of Amalik, who is the embodiment of evil.  He is defined as a force that gets sheer joy out of hurting another person.  Who does that sound like to you?  From now on the reference will be to "A."

Today I will walk at Home Depot.  It is really raining.   I hope to read the newspaper at lunch and then to read my book.

I hope to see a film with "A" tonight.

Thank you, Almighty for the joy in my life.

Later-  "A" and I have not spoken much.   I used to do a dance to encourage conversation, but that time is long gone.   As I was walking in Home Depot, alone I might add since he didn't want to go, I realized that I didn't want to see a film at 9:50 that was 2 hours long with a person that I barely spoke to all day.  I asked if he wanted to watch the Netflix film we received and he agreed. Problem solved.  I have a wonderful day planned for me tomorrow.   I finished a wonderful book and intend to read my magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment