Friday, January 10, 2014

GRATEFUL FOR STRENGTH AND INDEPENDENCE

I am grateful to the Almighty for my strength and my independence.

Yesterday, I attended the Memory Workshop.  I really enjoyed it.  We sat around a large table and answered questions that had been sent to us.  The idea is to write up these questions as a memoir. This is something that I will do today.  The next meeting is Thursday, January 23.  I sat next to one of my friends.  It started at 3:30 and ended at 5:15.  

I came home and he didn't even bother to ask how the workshop was.  This is as I expected.  What I didn't expect was that he would tell me that he met someone at the tax workshop that he attended.  It was a woman that he knew from his years of teaching.  He gave her our home phone number and told her that he is alone most of the day as his wife is still working.  I guess that I was supposed to be upset, but I couldn't stop laughing.  Even now I am smiling.  Who would want him???  He doesn't have sex,  take a person to a good restaurant,  dress decently, spent money on recreation or bathe!!!  Lucky person who gets him!!!!

I did notice a pattern though and that was for my benefit.  He does all the things he sets out to do but for my "benefit" plays up how sick he is and to quote him, after I made a Chilean Sea Bass dinner, he announced, " I could die at any moment." My response was, "so could we all." He is determined in these winter months to find something to upset me so we could be off and running.  Sorry Charlie!!!

I read my book.  I texted and spoke to friends.  I got to watch my television program, PARENTHOOD.

Work is good.  I'm not sure about retiring.  I know what to do and how to present myself to the younger generation.

Tonight is Shabbos!!!!  I love the Sabbath.  Tomorrow I will attend services.  No one of my group was there last week due to the snow.

Thank you, Almighty for giving me strength to deal with adversity.  Thank you for my new adventure at the Memory Workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment