Saturday, January 25, 2014

GRATEFUL FOR UNDERSTANDING

I am grateful to the Almighty because I fully understand what he will do before he does it.

I had a wonderful, relaxing Sabbath.

I read and finished a book and I am starting another one.   If the weather is decent, I will be able to attend these book clubs.  If not, the books are enjoyable.   I said my prayers, read the Bible passage for this week, texted, worked on computer, read the newspapers, drank DD coffee that I made and really enjoyed the day.

He woke to tell me that he didn't like sleeping downstairs with the fireplace.   It was too hot.  It was too cold.  He proceeded to tell me about his night's sleep.  He then slept for most of the morning and afternoon, telling me that he didn't feel well and would go to the hospital.  He told me that he felt like he did when he got sick originally.  I offered to call 911.   I asked him if the pacemaker/difibulater had moved.  He said that it hadn't.   Don't think that I'm stupid.   I'm not.  This is part of the script.  He told me he was felt like throwing up, couldn't eat.  I reminded him that he ate very well in restaurants. At that point, he decided that he was depressed. I know that people who are depressed don't know it.   He told me that his life had no meaning.  We discussed this while I warmed up Sabbath dinner which he ate with no problem.

All the while he looked for something to say that would set me off.  Since it had all been said before, it was like a well rehearsed script.

He asked me to take the dog out.  This could be a new issue but I knew exactly how to handle it.  I love the dog.   He is very funny.  He asked me to set up my salad.  This could be another issue.  Knowing this, I set up my salad.  He came down and asked why I didn't make his.   I said with a false sincerity that I don't know what he eats since he always makes his.

 He tried to search for an issue and failed.

At the end, when I was finishing my book he thanked me for assisting him.  I almost made the mistake of acknowledging that it would happen again tomorrow, but thought better of it.

It's funny because I could have written the script.  I will be in hibernation until it gets warmer and would like to relax.   I know that bad weather passes and this is who he is.  I didn't waste time because I had done everything that I set out to do.

I know what happened to him.  I took the cement out of his bricks.  Bantering is nonexistent if no one responds.

Understanding this, I can move on with my life.

I am grateful to the Almighty for this understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment