Tuesday, January 7, 2014

GRATEFUL FOR WHAT I HAVE LEARNED

I am grateful to the Almighty for all the different things that I have learned to keep me safe.

He was very kind to me when he drove me to work and to yoga.  I was very grateful.  Yoga was awesome.  The doggie no longer has an ear infection, but the vet said to continue to give him the antibiotics for the skin allergy.

He did drive me to work today as the temperatures dropped to 7 degrees with a wind hill of -20. They said that it would be icy. We have errands to go on and this sets him up for issues.

I am grateful to the Almighty because I have learned not to answer any of his nasty remarks.  There are nasty remarks about neighbors and people in general.  He still tries to make nasty remarks about the friend that I have that lives on the block.  He makes nasty remarks about my supervisors. He makes nasty remarks about the stores that I go to.  For me, it's like an antenna that goes up.  I hear a nasty remark and I don't say a word.  I am in control of me.  It gives me power.  It certainly shuts him down.

I needed a new watch battery.  He hates the jeweler.  I told him I would go into the jewelry store.  He will go buy fish.  I told him that he could do that and not bother to go into the jewelry store.  I said it once, very quietly.   I need to go to the bank today to renew a CD.  He tried to tell me how to get more money.  I listened quietly and did not respond.  

I was proud of me!!!!

I know that he wants to start issues so he can carry on.  I know that he wants to make me as unhappy as he is.   That isn't going to happen!!!

It's tough in the winter with the ice and snow because I rely on him to get me to places.  This is a good test to see if I have weathered the storm and internalized all the things that I learned.

I'm grateful to the Almighty for what I have learned.

I believe that I will weather the storm with the Almighty's help.

Later-  I certainly did weather the storm, by being calm and quiet.  He remains silent looking for an issue and he can't find one.  How sad!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment