Wednesday, June 5, 2013

GRATITUDE FOR LEARNING THE ART OF STILLNESS

I am grateful to the Almighty for so many things.  One of them is that I have learned the art of stillness.

Last night I went to Restorative Yoga.  Dawn said something that will help me this summer.  It is a mantra that I have called, "DOBE."  It means , "DO BE HAPPY!!!!   BE STILL."

He is never going to change.  However, I have.  I see that every single day.

He has not given up the assault process.  I'm supposed to react, but I don't because I know what's coming.  I'm getting rather good at this.  I suspect that he thinks that he will tire me out. That won't happen.  I haven't reacted to anything.  For that will take me down a road that I don't want travel.  He has told me that Barry confided in him that he has problems with Jessica.  Whether true or not, I chose not to react.  I learned that I don't need a condo with him so he can find more people to pit against each other.  When he says something like this, I always say that I have something else to do and I will get back to it.  I never do.

My friend Doris's brother died.  He told me that he wouldn't take Rhonnie in the car because she falsely accused him.  I didn't say a word.  I didn't give my usual dissertation.  I was quiet.  He told me that Doris hated her sister-in-law.  All I said was that people don't like everything about each other and then changed the subject.

He can't get me to react and discuss anything.

And then I was off to yoga and my wonderful Sisterhood meeting.

I am grateful to the Almighty for learning this.

No comments:

Post a Comment