Thursday, June 13, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR REGENTS EXAMINATIONS

I am grateful to the Almighty that the school year is coming to a close and that students are taking Regents examinations.

This has given me time to look back at this blog.  I noticed some interesting patterns that I have begun to correct and I'm proud of myself.

I noticed that he set me up to talk and then to argue, by saying something that wasn't true.  I would then disagree and we would be off and running...............

I have since learned to LISTEN and NOT SPEAK.  I have learned about the power of STILLNESS.  Everything doesn't need an answer.   I have learned NOT TO JUSTIFY my activities and to ask him to go, just to cover myself.  I have learned the power of QUIET.

I noticed that I tried to make plans with him.  That gave him the ability to say, NO!

I have learned NOT TO PLAN anything with him.   I tell him what I'm doing and the choice is his TO DO or NOT TO DO!!   It is his choice to plan.

I noticed that at certain points when  he was mellow, I would try to teach.  Teach how to deal with people.   Teach how to deal with me.   Correct how he viewed things.  Try to get him to move forward.

IT HASN'T WORKED IN 42 YEARS AND IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK NOW!!!!

I have finally learned this which is why I am so calm.

Thank you Almighty for getting me to this stage.




No comments:

Post a Comment