Wednesday, June 12, 2013

GRATEFUL FOR STRUCTURING THE SUMMER

I am grateful to the Almighty, because I have down time at work and I'm thinking about how to structure my summer so that I will be safe.

There will be changes in my personality as I "act."   I will need to practice  STILLNESS  at all times because he will be looking to "get me."   This means that I will need to be non-judgemental and non-emotional about everything.   I MUST continue to speak in my QUIET LITTLE VOICE.    When he makes a sarcastic remark or a remark to scare me, I will listen respectfully, making little or no comment.   I will commit to memory, " I WILL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THAT!    I will not make suggestions about plans, leaving that up to him to lead.   I will continue to make plans for myself and invite him to join me.   The answer will always be, "NO!"



I will need to structure my day and  have thought about that.    In the early morning, I will say my mantra and will MEDITATE outside on the deck.  Some days, I can attend morning MINYON.  Then I will WALK.   I will come back and make NONSENSE CHIT-CHAT.  Then I will go to get coffee at Dunkin' Donuts.   I might take the dog.    I will have a late breakfast and read the papers.

Afternoons can be a problem especially if I have a plan with a friend.   The idea is to be very quiet.   I don't have to justify what I do.   I don't have to make suggestions.  I just have to be in the present.

Evenings can be a problem especially if I have an activity or am going to see a friend.

IT'S UP TO ME!!!!!    HE HAS SAID THAT HIS AIM IS TO MAKE ME AS MISERABLE AS HE IS.

I HAVE CHOICES.   I CAN LET HIM GET ME OR I CAN PRACTICE  STILLNESS and use my little voice.

The CHOICE is mine!!

I went to dinner with a dear friend after yoga.  I need to continue to make plans.  I came home and was asked NOTHING and so I said NOTHING!  The choice is mine and I'm proud of me!!!!!   Dinner was wonderful!!!!  It's great to have friends that have been with you for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment